Wednesday, February 19, 2014

First post!

I'm starting this blog to chronicle my (mis)adventures running E17/E18 (Enlightenment) on Ubuntu (Saucy) using a Samsung Chromebook. In the last six months, I've spent perhaps more time hacking on my Chromebook than I've spent with my girlfriend (we joke that the Chromebook is the love of my life--except she doesn't find it funny.) But there's something about the challenge of getting a 3D accelerated desktop running on a ARM-powered $200 notebook that has me hooked.

Much of what you read here is thanks to the hard work by people at Google and Samsung (and elsewhere) who seem equally obsessed at this prospect. It's possible (even likely) I am the only other person in the world trying to do this, in which case this will be a good log for me of what I've accomplished--and how.


No comments:

Post a Comment